Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WIP Wednesday

Currently I have 3 projects that I'm working on consistently.

My Dad's Blanket has been on the needles for quite some time.  Recently I made a lot of progress.  I've even put myself on a schedule.  I have one quadrant finished (yes quadrant).


I needed to block it because my gauge has changed in the past 2 years.  I've apparently become a much looser knitter as I've gained experience.

I have just over two squares done on the next quadrant.


The next project I have been working on is called Royal Jazz.  It is the pattern Shawl That Jazz.  I'm using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted in color Royal.


The yarn is just amazing.  It is so pretty!!  I'll be using two skeins for this pattern.  I wound one of them while I was in Maryland for Maryland Sheep & Wool (where I purchased the yarn).


The ball was as big as my head!!  This pattern is very easy.  In fact it is my TV knitting.  It is just garter back and forth.  I know the finished product will be totally worth it!



The color is most true in the yarn picture.  The colors are very bold and bright.  I love them.  In the last picture you can see my third project peeking in at the top of the photo.

It is my first sweater!!!  I'm calling it my English Garden Hoodie and the pattern is Everything Nice Hoodie.  I've had this yarn in my stash for a while. 


The yarn is Araucania Tocanao Multy in color English Garden (426).  I think this yarn is now discontinued.


This is a bottom up sweater.  I've almost got to the point where I can join the pocket fronts with the rest of the sweater.


I'm really excited about this sweater.  I really think this is something I would wear a lot.

I've linked up with Tami's Amis.

What are you working on?

Sam :-)

3 comments:

  1. Your Dad's blanket is looking awesome. Can I just ask, how many quadrants is the blanket going to be comprised of??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4! So I'm only a little over a quarter of the way done! Eeek it is going to take FOREVER!

      Delete
  2. Your yarn is gorgeous - both of them. Love the blanket - keep going!!

    ReplyDelete