Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WIPs (Work in Progress), How many is TOO many?

I have to admit, I am very OCD at times.  I'm the type of person where I had to finish the book I was currently reading before I would start another.  I thought I would be the same way with crocheting, but I'm not as extreme.

I have two WIPs right now.  The first is another afghan that will be a gift, for now lets call it Super Secret Afghan.  Yarn choices below:

I tried to stay in the recipient's color palette, which is pretty much mine too!

I am mixing brands of yarn on this one.  I haven't had any issues really so far.  You'll have to wait to see what I'm doing.

Second WIP is for ME!  First project for myself!  I am making myself a beautiful and super soft scarf out of the yarn below.  I showed my Grandma Betty a picture of the scarf I wanted to make and she immediately said, "Let's go to the store and get you that yarn, you need to make something for yourself!"  So, Thanks Grandma Betty!! I love this yarn and I'm super excited about my scarf.


This yarn is Patons Silk Bamboo.  It is the softest yarn I have ever felt.  I am so excited.


I think I would definitely have more WIPs started if I had unlimited funds to buy the supplies.  It would probably still bother me starting something new without having the previous things finished, but I know it would happen.  Since like most others I do not have unlimited funds, so I'm stuck with one or two projects at a time.

So, what do you think?  How many WIPs is TOO many?  Do you find you have issues finishing your projects if you have a lot going on a once?

--Sam <3

1 comment:

  1. Alright I have project (and book for that matter) ADD! I like variety and working on various things to stay excited. Right now, I have a blanket for me, a baby blanket and a square exchange going all at once. I think for time sake, the big blanket is going to go on pause and the squares and baby blanket will take precedence, since they have time limits. I work better with deadlines so they should be done soonish.

    ReplyDelete