Monday, April 11, 2011

Yummy Yummy Yarn!!

Since I started crocheting a few months ago I have been addicted to Lucy's blog over at attic24.  She uses these awesome bright colors.  Everything is bright and cheery!  I started reading her blog right about when she revealed her Granny Stripe blanket.  She used Stylecraft Special DK yarn.

For the longest time those of us in the USA in the We Love Lucy ravelry group have struggled getting Stylecraft yarn.  NOT ANYMORE!!!  Someone in the group posted that on http://www.deramores.com/ they ship to the USA for free....FREE!!!

I could not help myself!!!  These are the colors I got:

Row 1:  Apricot (1026), Aspen (1422), Bluebell (1082), Bright Pink (1435)
Row 2: Clematis (1390), Cloud Blue (1019), Fiesta (1257), Fondant (1241)
Row 3: Grape (1067), Lavender (1188), Lipstick (1246), Magenta (1084)
Row 4: Matador (1010), Plum (1061), Pomegranate (1083), Raspberry (1023)
Row 5: Royal (1117), Sherbet (1034), Teal (1062), Turquoise (1068)
Row 6: Wisteria (1432)

Aren't they just awesome?!!!  I know what you are thinking 21 colors?!  I struggled to ONLY choose that many.  (side note, anyone else besides me think its weird that Magenta is a purple-ish color?)

So if you are in the USA go get yourself some Stylecraft now without paying super high shipping!!

-Sam

11 comments:

  1. I was wondering what yarn is a US equivalent to Stylecraft DK yarn? hope u can help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ordering from Wool Warehouse is actually cheaper than Texas Yarn Farm on Etsy. It takes a little longer from England but WW only charges 2.95 (british pound) for postage.

      Delete
  2. Sportweight is the same as DK weight

    ReplyDelete
  3. has your yarn arrived? Is it soft?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used the Stylecraft DK and it is very soft....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh its very soft and am having trouble finding it stateside although getting it from Deramores is a good price and only 6.35 for shipping. Sometimes it takes awhile but them any waiting is too long for me. I bought the two Deramores color collection. And yet their names don't always reflect the color Aspen is kind of a blue green, Shrimp oramge pink and Pink is called Fondant. I am hooked on this yarn, no doubt so buyer beware it is addictive like crack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also any of you that go on Etsy TexasYarnFarm sells it at a good price and they are super quick in sending it out. She will work with you to match up yarns, I sent her my desired color pallette and she was dead on with her picks for it......jus sayin

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love this yarn!!!! Since discovering it on Lucy's Attic24 blog, I can't hardly use anything else. I buy from Wool Warehouse, very cheap shipping and really, really quick considering it's "crossing the pond".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to order from WW, but wanted to know if you end up having to pay any duties or taxes

      Delete
    2. All I paid was the cost of the yarn and the modest shipping fee. I thought the shipping time was pretty good, and the yarn came in a nice drawstring bag.

      Delete
  7. How does the Stylecraftf yarn hold up? Does it pill?

    ReplyDelete