Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Update - Part 1 - Early Start to the Weekend

I didn't have any major plans for this weekend, but it turned out to be a pretty good one.  I took a half day on Friday.  It was the last day of our fiscal year and it was my last 4 hours of vacation time. 

I went out to lunch with Heather (Amarylis Musings) and another knitty friend Dianne.  After that, Heather and I went to a yarn shop, Knit One.  We decided to go to Knit One because my mom bought me a gift card.  My mom bought me a gift card on Mother's Day.  Yes, you read that right.  She bought me a gift and got me a card for my "fur babies."  She was so excited that she figured out a yarn store to get me a gift card.

Knit One is where Heather and I took our first knitting class.  We haven't made it over there much because they used to only be open one evening (Thursdays, and that's our knit night in a different location).  Knit One now has a new owner and I have really high hopes.  They've added another evening and they've gotten rid of a lot of the yarn that I didn't like.  It was a little sparse, but they are getting new stuff in.
They had some Madeline Tosh left from a large order they got in a couple of weeks ago.  Originally I zero-ed in on Lepidoptra, which is a pink with purple in it.  I realized that I had just got a color like that, my FairyDust in Shalimar Breathless.  So I finally decided to use my gift card on a sweater quantity of Madeline Tosh DK in Cousteau.


I spent a half an hour on a couch there staring at it with ravelry up on my phone trying to find a pattern.  In the end I think I'm actually still undecided.  Any good dk sweater patterns?

Heather came with me with no intentions of buying yarn and yet she walked away with a sweater quantity of tosh dk in Stargazing.



Heather and I spent the rest of the day walking my pups in the park, hanging out, cooking dinner, and watching TV.  She told me I needed a current picture of my puppies on here because all of you need to see that Jimmy is now indeed larger than Toby (I think she is still bitter that she put them in the wrong crates a while back because she couldn't tell them apart. I love you Heather!!  Thanks for being my emergency dog letter outer!  Even if they were so confused when I got home!)

Any how, I thought you should see why I don't have a current picture of my puppies together...because it is SO HARD to get a good photo of them together.

Attempt #1: Toby looks scared because I'm saying, "Here here here!" with my hand in the air trying to get them to look at me.  Jimmy is just not paying attention.


Attempt #2:  They are both looking and you can clearly see that Jimmy, on the right, is now bigger than Toby, on the left.  The photo turned out blurry because I was trying to snap the photo fast while they were looking.



Attempt #3:  Toby says, "What's Heather doing over there?" and Jimmy says, "I think its time to lay down."



Attempt #4:  Toby says, "I'll look at you mama, but I can't make any promises for Jimmy."  Jimmy says, "Now I want to know what Heather is doing!"



Attempt #5: Toby says, "I think I'm going to go find out what Heather is doing."



Attempt #6: Toby looks scared because I told him to sit again and Jimmy is blurry.



Attempt # 7:  I don't know what happened here.  I was losing them to doggy A.D.D.



Attempts #8 and # 9:  I tried to start over, but Jimmy wanted to know what I was doing, he's on the left now.





Attempt # 10:  This is the best that I got.  They are side by side and looking.  Jimmy is on the left and Toby on the right.



Do you see how exhausting that was?  Impossible! Toby still looks worried in the photo!

They were exhausted too because they crashed right after that.



Stay tuned, I have some nephew photos from Saturday and Sunday.  I saw him twice this weekend!

Sam :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment