So here it is, my Granny Stripe Cup Sleeve!
So, you want to know how I did it? Well, even if you don't want to know, I'm telling you. :-)
I used Lily Sugar n Cream cotton yarn, worsted weight (colors Vivid Orchid and Leaf) and an I hook (5.5mm I believe).
- Using color A (Vivid Orchid) I chained 30 and joined to the first chain with a slip stitch. (make sure you don't twist the chain)
- Row 1 - Chain 1 and do a sc in the same stitch and every stitch around (30 sts)
- Row 2 - Chain 3 (counts as one dc) and do two more dcs in the same stitch, then *skip 2 stitches and do 3 dcs in the next stitch* repeat from * until you reach the end (10 clusters) and join with a slip stitch into 3rd chain of beginning chain 3.
- Row 3 - slip stitch into the next two stitches and the space between the clusters, then chain 3 and do 2 dcs in the same space between the clusters, then do *3 dcs in next space between clusters* repeat between * until you get to the end and slip stitch into the 3rd chain of the chain 3 (10 clusters) fasten off yarn
- Row 4 - Attach color B (Leaf) to any space between clusters of Row 3. Chain 3 and do 2 dcs in the same space, then do *3 dcs in the next space between clusters* repeat between * until end then join with slip stitch to the 3rd chain of chain 3 at the beginning of row
- Row 5 - Repeat row 3
- Row 6 - Repeat row 4 with color A
- Row 7 - Repeat row 3, but do not fasten off yarn
- Row 8 - chain 1 and sc all the way around and join to first sc with a slip stitch (30 sts) fasten off and weave in ends and Enjoy!
It was such a small project, but I was so excited because I was just making something I saw in my head. Similar things could be out there, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted.
Originally I did want to add a flower, but any flower I made didn't look right with it.
What do you think? How'd I do? Let me know if anything needs to be clarified or if you find any typos.