Sunday, May 20, 2012

It's been almost two weeks...

I usually don't go this long in between posts.  I have a lot to tell you.  The reason I've been away so long is that my boyfriend, Dave, was in the hospital again.  While he was in the hospital we got some bad news.  There's a small spot on his liver that turned out to be cancer.  So that means his colon cancer spread to the liver.  It means different chemo and then another surgery.

It has been a long two weeks.  We managed to have a really good day yesterday though.  We got out of the house and there was beautiful weather.  It was Dave's idea to stop at a yarn shop that I had never been to.  His idea, I swear.

I have a lot to show you:

-Dave bought me yarn - a lot
-I gave Heather her birthday present early
-I have a big portion of a project done to show you
-I won a giveaway a few weeks ago that I want to show
-I started a new project

Also, I hinted at a surprise a couple months ago and it's here!  Laurie Laliberte over at Big Girl Blog just posted my Kitchen Towel Topper Tutorial!

I'll post a version of it here in the next day or so.

Sam

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you got bad news, stay strong and positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sam, I'm so sorry about this news. I'm sure I told you that my husband is a colon cancer survivor.. hang in there and I hope the doctors eradicate that horrible stuff from him. Hugs..T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm so sorry! I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, I know what Dave is going through is scary. My oldest sister had stage 4 ovarian cancer and is in remission now! My older sister and her husband both had forms of cancer and have been cancer free for over 5 years. I am praying that you will have a healing story about Dave in the years ahead.

    I look forward to your promised reports of your various creative efforts, and I think it is lovely that Dave bought you lots of yarn(:

    ReplyDelete