Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Yarn that Dave Bought

I told you a couple days ago that Dave bought me a lot of yarn.  I'm going to show you one purchase of yarn that he bought me (there's more, but it isn't in yet).

Weeks ago, probably more than a month now that I think about it, Dave saw that I was looking at yarn online.  The conversation went a little like this: I told him the yarn was on sale, but that I wasn't going to get it.  He asked, "why not?"  "Yarn diet."  He asked if he bought it for me if it counted against my yarn diet.  I said, "You want to buy me yarn?!"

This is what he got me:


5 skeins of Araucania Toconao Multy in colorway Beach Flowers (402)




AND, yes there is an and, 10 skeins of Araucania Toconao Multy in colorway English Garden (426)






I think I am going to make an Abalone out of the 5 skeins of Beach Flowers.  Do you have any other suggestions?  It is an Aran weight yarn and 5 skeins is 695 yds (635.5m).

I'm not sure what I want to make out of the 10 skeins of English Garden.  A few ideas I had were:

Do you have any ideas for me?  Crochet or knit.  I'd love to hear some suggestions.  Sometimes the planning process is the best part.

Sam

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful yarn. I need a Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and thoughtful guy you have. Those yarns are gorgeous! How about making a Teddy Bear for Dave? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both the shellseeker and the leaflet are adorable! A sweater definitely sounds like a good idea for the lovely yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the patterns you chose are nice, but I especially like Every Last Yard. I will be interested in seeing what you make Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's sweet he bought you such pretty yarn!

    ReplyDelete