Friday, May 4, 2012

FO Friday - Little Square Baby Blanket

I'm so excited that I finally have one of my big projects finished!  The Little Square Baby Blanket is finally done.  I've showed it to you in progress, so many times (here, here, here, here, here, and here)

I had a few difficulties with this blanket.  The soon to be mom asked me very nicely for no purple.  She knew the general idea of what I wanted to do for her and she know that I was using the left overs from my ripple.  Using my left overs meant I could use a high quality yarn without spending a ton of money and that made her happy.  She knows that purple is my favorite color, but she really just isn't a fan.

She really loves brown, that's why I chose to put the squares together with this nice brown.


So are you ready to see it?!  Here it is all complete:






The back looks just as good as the front, as you can see above.


I am so in love with this blanket and I'm sure that the mom to be will love it!!


The details:

Yarn:  Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Colors:  044 (green), 059 (teal), 020 (yellow), 047 (green), 031 (blue), 032 (blue), 008 (navy), 002 (green), 063 (orange), 046 (turquoise), 037 (red), 039 (dark green), 068 (orange), 072 (green). 071 (blue), and 048 (brown)
Size: 27"x32" (67cm x 81cm)
Hook: 4mm G hook (tend to go up a hook size)

I've linked up with Tami's Amis, Natural Suburbia, and Wisdom Begins in Wonder.

Sam <3

17 comments:

  1. Love this! What a unique gift. these are the times I wish I could crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!! It must have taken an incredible amount of pateince, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a wonderful gift. It looks stunning! I love the color arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The brown really pulls it together. Your photos are really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely gift that will be treasured! (even if it is shy on purple (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely gift that will be treasured! (even if it is shy on purple (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! it looks awesome! You did such a great job, and the mom-to-be ought to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh, that is super lovely! I love the baby blankets that aren't all about the green, pink and blue. That captures all the rainbow and I love the brown border.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, and I bet it is really soft in those lovely yearns. It will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is gorgeous and very unique. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your afghan makes me smile. It is so sweet. Thank you for sharing your great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that blanket. It reminds me of a glass, tiled wall at one of my favorite restaurants in Albuquerque... every time I went in there, I just looked at the wall and admired it's beauty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE IT!!!!! It looks amazing with the brown! Seriously, I wouldn't have thought the brighter colors would look good with the darker brown, but it has a gorgeous effect! Really awesome!! And a huge yay to you for finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving the colour combination, so cool

    ReplyDelete