Monday, October 24, 2011

Cuban Food, Hockey, and Pumpkin Picking

I went to Orlando, Florida for work Wednesday - Friday last week.  The only pictures I got on my trip were of my food the night we went to a Cuban restaurant.  I'm usually surrounded by picky eaters, therefore I don't get to try a lot of different food.  This meal was amazing!!!

It started with Sangria (so good!)


My meal was skirt steak with some mashed potatoes.  These weren't just any mashed potatoes, they told me they were from a South American potato, which tastes like a cross between a potato and sweet potato.  They were like sweet potato mash light!  They were so good!


I could not resist adding a side of fried plantains.  Every since I travelled to Brazil, I cannot get enough of them!

I didn't get any crocheting done on this business trip and I blame the bf.   :-)  You see, a couple of weeks ago he noticed that there were rewards points on a card that he's had for years.  Since he never knew there were points, they just racked up.  This is what we got!  It was better than Christmas!


Those Barnes & Noble gift cards turned into this!



I've been reading non-stop.  I love it!!!

I had thought that my weekend was going to be pretty uneventful, but I was wrong.  On Saturday, my parents neighbors asked if any of us wanted use their tickets to the hockey game that night.  I went with my cousin Ashley.  We had a blast!  Go Pens!  The Penguins won 4-1.



On Sunday I knew my parents were taking my two young cousins to the pumpkin patch at Simmons Farm.  Originally, my bf and I weren't going to go, but we woke up on time and decided, why not?  I didn't take too many pictures, as usual.  I only started on the hayride back to the shop area.


My dad tickling Josh with hay

Emily poking her head out by my mom


My pumpkin


Dave and I with our sour apple and caramel lollipops, the ride was a little shaky


I sent this picture to my Aunts warning them that they were about to be sugar-ed up!

Snow cone and funnel cake!


At the petting zoo, my dad saying, "Watch where you step or you're walking home!"  He was joking, I think.

It was a crazy week and after the farm I crashed and fell asleep for 3 hours!  It was a good time.

I have PLENTY of WIPs to show you on Wednesday.  I might have a little something to show you tomorrow too!

Sam <3

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lucky you on the Kindle and what a neat trip to the pumpkin patch! Nice fall colors, too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete