Friday, September 26, 2014

FO Friday

I actually have a couple of finished objects, but I think I'll show them to you one at a time.

I showed you the baby blanket I had started for my new work friend Becky in August, during my last WIP Wednesday post.  The blanket only took me 2 1/2 weeks!  I was a machine with this blanket.  I was just so excited about it.

I think it turned out great!




I'm really contemplating making another blanket with this yarn, maybe held double or triple for extra squishiness, for my living room.  It just matches my furniture so well!



I did a double think border and it helped me make the back just as pretty as the front.  It hid all of those ends!




I really love how this blanket turned out.  I can't say it enough.

Details:
Pattern:  No pattern really, I was inspired by this project, Noah's Blanket, who was inspired by this blanket, Hoodie Baby Blanket.  For the border, I used the border from Coastal Hoodie.
Yarn: Vanna's Choice in colors Dusty Green, Linen, Silver Blue, Taupe, White, and Dusty Blue (border)
Needle: US 8 - 5.00mm
Size: 33"x35" - I always worry that baby blankets are going to be too small and then end up bigger than I anticipate.
Time: 2.5 weeks!
Ravelry: Baby Boy Stripes


I gave the blanket to Becky last week and she loved it!  She keeps raving about it and how her mother loves it, so I'd say she is very knitworthy.  She kept saying, "You spent so much time on me!"  I think I binge watched 3 seasons of Lost Girl while I mader her blanket.  She laughed that I measured it in TV seasons.  I heard that is how some famous knitting guy measures how much time he puts into projects.  I think it fits!


Sam :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment