Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Yarn Diet Update 1

I initially told you that my beginning numbers were:


Total Yards:  52,387 yards (47,903.3 meters)
Total Kilograms (yes, kilograms):  19.323


I found a bit of yarn I had forgotten about and my aunt bought me 2 skeins for stuff I was making her (2 was way too much in all honesty).  Also, I had given you the total amounts of the yarn I had, not the remaining amounts.  Some skeins were partials and I summed the wrong column.


I believe my beginning numbers were actually:


Total Yards:  50,607 (46,276 meters)
Total Kilograms:  18.486
Total Skeins:  253.5 (this number truly shocks me, but I do have 1 blanket I'm working on and 3 more queued up with yarn)


Originally I had decided that I was only going to deduct yarn amounts after a project was finished.  I can't do that.  The projects I'm working on right now are big ones.  So I really wouldn't see progress.  I need to see progress to stay motivated.  So I'm trying to keep my estimates as accurate as possible.


After one month, here are my new totals:
Total Yards:  49,848 (45,581 meters)
Total Kilograms:  18.424
Total Skeins:  244.09


It doesn't seem like much, but I'm glad there is a change.  Over the next few days I'm going to show you the yarn that I have and the pattern I have queued up for it.


How is your yarn diet coming along?


Sam <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm not on a yarn diet.. well, I should be.. but don't have that kind of restraint. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete