Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Today is Work-in-Progress Wednesday.  I actually have an update for you this time.  I seem to be updating about every other week?  Its not that I don't have progress on my WIPs, its just that I usually don't have pictures of that progress for a post.  There has been terrible light in the evenings, its either dreary weather, or I'm getting home so late the light is gone.  On Monday, the bf and I decided to go home over lunch.  So I had mid-day light!  So, here are my WIPs!

Let's start with my joint project with my Grandma Donna, Teen Throw.  Last time, I showed you the Center Square I finished.  Now I have one Corner Square finished.


My Gram has the heart appliques or else I would show you it with the heart.  Also, my Gram has finished her side rectangles.  I'll take pictures the next time I'm at her house.

Next up, is my Martha Cowl.  This project is for me.  I've had this cowl in my queue for a while.  I went to a LYS near me that I just found, Carol's Needleworks.  Its a nice small place.  I was browsing for a while, and I feel bad browsing for so long and not getting anything.  I had the Martha Cowl pattern in my gmail (I never delete emails), so I opened it for the yarn requirements and voila!


Berroco Pure Merino is a VERY soft yarn.  I had to get 6 balls and I like working with it so far.  I searched the ravelry comments on it after I bought it and most people had one complaint, it stretches.  That shouldn't matter too much with this pattern....hopefully.  Here's what I have done so far.


Hopefully, I'll have this finished and I can show it to you on Friday.

I have one last WIP to show you and I've saved the best for last!  I have so much more done on my Grandma Betty's blanket.  The last I showed it to you was here and here I told you I had more squares done.  Now, I have all 80 squares done AND I have 2 seams completed.






This blanket should be the perfect sized lap blanket for my Gram.  The way the pattern says to do the seams is different.  I like it.  Its thick and it lays flat. 

It was hard to get a good picture of all the squares together because my dining table is a tall table.  Don't get me wrong, I love my dining room table set, my Grandma Betty actually bought it for me and my bf when we moved into our apartment, but since it is so tall, it made getting the full pictures hard.  For the first one I had to hold my phone over my head.

So, what do you think?  Hopefully I'll have one or two things to show you on Friday.

Don't forget to check out everyone else's WIPs over at Tami's Amis.

Sam <3

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, that cowl looks like it will be wonderfully snuggly :)

    For things I can't get a photo of until I am high up, I usually lay them out on the floor, which is most things as I am very short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a luxurious scarf! And your squares look so pretty all laid out on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of the squares. They are going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your projects! Good job, m'dear! My fave is the blanket.. the colors are lusssssssssssssssh!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Grandma Betty's blanket looks fantastic. Lovely lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The squares look pretty. The blanket is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely things. That cowl is going to be super-snuggly and the blanket is looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you still have the Martha Cowl pattern? I can't find it anywhere. Please email me at ashe528@yahoo.com if you should happen to have it. This cowl would make cold Pittsburgh days much better!

    ReplyDelete