Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day Present

I'm pretty sure that my mom doesn't even know I started a blog, so no worries about spoiled surprises here. 

This is what I made for my mom for Mother's Day:


When I was talking to my mom last week she got very excited about different kitchen patterns.  I really like the pattern I used, Big Girl Hanging Towel.  I had a super sized (4oz) skein of Lily Sugar and Cream in the color Ecru.  The pattern called for doing a final single crochet all the way around.  I didn't have a enough yarn for that, so I only went along the top part.


I found these really cool wooden buttons at Michaels.  I thought they went really well with the natural color of the yarn. 

After I finished this yesterday I figured I'd make a couple more for my Grandmas and my OH's mom.  I'm about halfway through my second one in a darker natural color.  My mom might not get the one pictured, now that I think about it, because I have some cotton yarn that will match her kitchen.

What do you think?

On another note, Super Secret Afghan is almost done, it just needs a border.  I have to finish the hanging towels above first though since Mother's Day is in 5 days!!!!  Also, I volunteered to do a couple more small projects that are kind of linked to Super Secret Afghan in a way (eventually all will be explained), and they have the same deadline.  All of a sudden I went from 2 WIP to a ton!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment