Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Retail Therapy...works for me!

I've been handling everything that's going on in my life pretty well I think.  Every once in a while I get down, but then I'm okay.  This may sound silly, but lately I wasn't feeling good and it was because of my clothes.  Through everything in the past couple of months with Dave being sick, I've gained a bit of weight.  Nothing terrible, maybe 5-7lbs, but its enough that a lot of my pants are snug and too tight in my opinion.

So, I finally went out and went shopping.  I swear this is the first time I went out shopping for myself in over a year.  I got 3 new pairs of business pants, 2 short sleeved button up shirts, and new leggings, for about $190.  THANK YOU COUPONS!  My mom had a couple coupons to my favorite store, Express, and they had a bunch of buy one get one 50% sales.  The pants are usually $80 full price!

There really is something to be said for clothes that just fit.  I did have to go up a size, but I don't care.  I'm not worried about it.  I'm an active person and when my life isn't so crazy I'll get back into my running routines.  In the mean time I just wanted to feel good in my clothes.

I had to get all of the pants hemmed, my highest of heels still had them touching the ground.  My gram was happy to do it for me!

I can actually tuck in my shirts if I want without fear of the dreaded "muffin top."

Some other form of therapy...a haircut.  I realized I haven't had a haircut since August.  I have an appointment tonight. :-)

I'm a whiz at taking care of other people, myself not so much.  I'm working on it.

I'll leave you with a pretty picture.



Sam :-D

4 comments:

  1. It really does feel good to do something for yourself once in a while. I haven't really shopped for myself either since my youngest was born, I did get my hair chopped a year ago and it felt fantastic. Feels great to take care of the family too, though. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous =) I have been spending more time and money on myself lately and it does help a lot. It's easier to take care of everyone else when you're happy, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got some new things for yourself that you're comfortable in. Good for you. You'll have to model them for us! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Teresa, I want model pics. :D I did some retail therapy this week for myself also. I new pair of spring sandals and two purses. You're right ... when you look good, you feel good, no matter what's going on!!!

    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete