Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Knit Vest and My Ripple

I told you on Monday that I started this knit vest, but that I had to start all over because I used the wrong needles.  This is where I am:



I am a few rows further than where I was before.  I finished about 3 rows after the ribbing, but you can't really see that in the picture.  I can't say it enough, I'm really enjoying this project.

My big crochet project that I am working on is my ripple.  I haven't gotten much farther than the last time you saw it, here.


My sister is actually the one for me to go from the teal color to orange.  That choice had to be made at her bachlorette weekend.  This blanket is so soft.  I actually have been continually been making adjustments to the  colors I am using.


These are my two core projects and I love them both.  I really wish I had more time to work on them.  Its one of those times where you can envision it and I just want to make it NOW.  :-)

Don't forget to go over to Tami's Amis and check out everyone's WIPs and go to Small Things for the Yarn Along.

Sam (sorry for the bad picture quality, I had to take these at night with a bright light on)

PS.  An update on my bf, Dave is finishing his 3rd chemo treatment today.  This was the first treatment we didn't have to go to the ER!  I think they've finally made the right adjustments.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go - you ripped and reknit up to and past where you were. That always feels like a milestone to me. Hugs to you and your BF - chemo just sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blanket is lovely (though I understand the urge to have a project done *now*). Sorry about the chemo - I watched my dad go through it, and it's just such a horrible time. But so worth it coming out the other side and *well*. My best wishes to your bf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely colors on your blanket, good luck to your bf in regards to the chemo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ripple blanket and all of the colors :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your colourful Ripple makes me want to make another blanket. maybe - it sure looks gorgeous.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the colors as you continue on your ripple! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete