Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yarn Diet!!

I am officially on a Yarn Diet!!  I am no longer allowed to buy yarn in 2012.  Yes, I said it, ALL OF 2012.  I made my last purchase today and honestly I should be set for projects for a while!

The only concession Dave is letting me have is that if I need more yarn for items I am making for the craft fair I am doing in November.

Most of the yarn I have I have a specific project in mind for it, but in the next few days I'm going to get even more organized and make sure I have options for the yarn I have.

Is anyone else doing a yarn diet?  Is there an addict group I can join?

How should I calculate my progress?  I need an initial count of skeins, or should I do it by grams or yards?

What do you think?!  I need help!

Sam :-)

7 comments:

  1. I'm on a fabric diet as of today. My last order came in today and I can't imagine what else I would need other than notions. I probably won't go on a yarn diet, although I should. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on a yarn diet since the new year, and my only condition has been to not buy yarn. Though I am making exceptions when I have orders that need to be filled (Like I just discovered that I don't have any navy colored yarn, and need to buy some for a custom order).
    And I've been working on tons of 'stash-busting' projects- anything that uses scrap, including afghan squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After receiving my 10 pound box of yarn from Herrschners yesterday I officially decided its yarn diet time. I have WAY too much. I have 2 storage bins, a trunk, 2 big Michael's bags, a couple of those clear bags comforters come in, several project bags, the big box I got yesterday, a small storage ottoman, and a couple small boxes(shoebox size) scattered around. And they are all FULL of yarn. And the worst part is that I just got rid of a whole storage bin full of yarn. It was so full yarn was literally falling out of it. I think I'm an addict. So unless its something I need that I absolutely do not have and can't find a substitute for I am not buying anymore yarn until I have used up most of what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would die if I had to go on a yarn diet. I have to be crocheting or something ALL the time! There have been times when I had enough yarn to fill a box for a refridgerator! That and nail polish are my addictions :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have yarn. My name is Melissa and I am a yarnaholic. Go here to see my stash. http://lazydaisycrochet.blogspot.com/2012/02/hellooooo-friday.html
    You will feel better after seeing mine. Now you know that you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have too much too.. but I have to get some "ow-engg" to make my grandson's Teddy Bear.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'll be joining on your yarn diet, I have TONS of yarn that'll make for huge projects so I should really just use that up; I think my only exception will be the bigger blankets I'm working on will need a few more skeins to finish them. Also to buy some yarn for a scarf for my mom but that's going to be it! :)

    ReplyDelete