Monday, February 20, 2012

My Weekend - Knitting Class and Bachlorette Dinner

On Saturday, Heather (Amaryllis Musings) and I had a knitting class.  We were going to learn about how to make a vest.  We had a really good time.  We learned how to read the pattern and how to do the shaping.  I didn't take too many pictures because I wanted to be a good student!


Here is my yarn all wound up!


This is the pattern we are using.  Its a free pattern on Ravelry.  You can find it here.



Heather had a hole in her gauge swatch.  She can't talk and knit at the same time. :-)  I can't talk and knit at the same time either, so I was VERY quiet during the class (its unusual if you know me).

Here's my gauge swatch:


We practiced decreases and increases in the middle.  The picture above of my yarn shows the color more true.

That evening I had a bachlorette dinner for my sister.  Many of the females in the family were there, plus some of her friends.  We went to the Hard Rock Cafe.  They made Missy stand up in front of everyone and take a shot and we all yelled congratulations!


That evening, I went to the area around the Hard Rock (its called Station Square) early because it would have been pointless for me to go all the way home when I was passing it after my knitting class.  So I went into this area where there are some shops and I grabbed a bench and worked on my vest.

I eventually got it to be this big:


It is k1 p1 ribbing.  I went to start the next step and it said change to the larger needles.  Then, I wanted to cry.  I realized I was on the larger needles and that I had started on the wrong ones!!  So this is where I am now:



I'm really liking this project especially the yarn!  I told you back here, that Heather bought the yarn for me for Christmas!

I also got really cool new needles at the yarn shop Knit One.  The needles are Knitter's Pride Cubics.  When I was trying to find an appropriate link to show you the needles I found something I really want.  I want this set.

That pretty much summed up my weekend.  How was yours?  I'll give you another update on my vest come Wednesday.  I'll probably be working on it non-stop.

Sam <3

ps.  remind me to tell you about my new knitting app, its super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment