Friday, February 24, 2012

Yarn Diet 2012 Beginning Numbers!

So, I'm serious about this yarn diet!  I made sure I had all my yarn entered into my Ravelry stash and then I used their export to Excel function.  Watch out when I get going in Excel.  I'm serious, I'm an engineer.  I'm not counting any yarn as used or any portion of it as used until the project is completed.

*Deep Breath*
I have:
Total Yards:  52,387 yards (47,903.3 meters)
Total Kilograms (yes, kilograms):  19.323

BUT

over 40,000 yards of that yarn have a pattern picked out/bought
over 10,000 yards I am currently working with (Debbie Bliss Ripple, Knit Vest, a couple snoozed projects, etc)

I have excluded my Stylecraft leftovers.  I never entered it into my Raverly stash and I don't have a scale to weigh how much I have left.  The only project I am currently using it for is my Gram's Lucy Bag, which I'm trying to finish for tomorrow (her birthday party).

I didn't realize how bad I got.  I get so many ideas an I get the yarn and pattern for the idea and I can do them fast enough.

I'm not sure how often I'll update on this yet, weekly is too often, maybe monthly.

Is yours this bad?

Sam :-/

Sorry no pictures again, let me see what I can come up with....


a finished blanket always makes me smile :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yes ! mine is almost as bad...LOL. I have a box of just baby yarn and today sorted it all and have patterns picked out for almost all of it :). (first grand babies are due this year) I too am on a yarn diet ! and like all diets... this is sooooo hard ! good luck with your's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot say I will not buy more yarn.. even though I shouldn't. :-)

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a tote full of yarn... my problem is never using up my leftovers. I should make some sort of scrappy afghan to use it up, but I get so picky about color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Jennifer...the yarn color are lovely.

    ReplyDelete