Friday, January 20, 2012

FO Friday - Baby Blanket for Trilby

I'm so happy this blanket is finished!  I told you here that my sister asked me to make it for her future sister-in-law.  Let me just get right to the pictures!


I  managed to make the ends straight.  Its not perfect, but I think it works!


I couldn't get a picture of it all and not have it blurry.  I think my hands were shaking a bit.  This is the best out of all of them.



Details:
Pattern - Neat Ripple Pattern by Lucy of Attic24
Yarn - Knit Picks Shine Worsted - this comes in 50g skeins
           6 skeins of Sky (light blue)
           3 skeins of French Blue (medium blue)
           4 skeins of Sailor (dark blue)
Hook - 6.0mm J hook, I think it might have looked a bit better with one size smaller of a hook
Size - 38" wide, 31" tall (79x96cm)- I accidentally made the width the longest side.

Don't forget to check out other FOs over at Tami's Amis.

Sam <3

4 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great gift. Love the colors and I think it looks really straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does look like ripples of water. What a nice gift! The edges are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! I agree, it's very sea inspired. You did a great job!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely looks like the ocean- it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete