Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not Necessarily Resolutions

Lets call it my 2012 List
  1. First and foremost, the most important of important, is to get bf healthy.  Cancer just isn't something people talk about too much.  Its a big scary word.  Its the first time I've mentioned it on here.  I got bf's permission.  I wanted to put it out there, because a lot of people are currently going through it or have gone through it.
  2. I'm learning to knit.  I want to be able to do both crochet and knit.  Crochet will always be the easiest for me.  I'm having issues at the moment, but I'm going to look up some youtube videos
    • My friend Heather and I are taking a class together to make this vest in February.
  3. This is going to be the year of ME.  I want to do selfish crochet/knitting.
    • I'm going to make my Debbie Bliss blanket.  Have I showed you that yarn yet?  I don't think I have.  Duly noted, Debbie Bliss yarn post.  I was positive I did it already because I have a bunch of pictures.  Aha!  I did a post a while back at the start of my blanket stash, here.
    • I'm going to make the many scarves I have lined up, patterns and yarn purchased
  4. I want to get more items on my Etsy shop!  I have so many ideas!
  5. I need to make sure my sister's bachlorette party goes off without a hitch
  6. I need to write or formulate a speech for my sister's wedding in March.  I'm maid of honor...
  7. I need to start running again (while I was writing this post, I have decided to do the Pittsburgh Marathon Relay!  I'll have to be able to run about 6 miles I think.)
  8. I want to eat healthier, but this may have to start later in the year since bf needs to pack on weight.  I just have to make sure I don't do that along with him, EEK!
  9. I want to get into a routine with housework
That's enough for now, but I'll be modifying this as I go.

What does everything look like for you? Busy?  I feel like my life is hectic right now.  I feel okay then a few minutes later completely overwhelmed.

Sam

6 comments:

  1. The very best wishes for all your goals... and especially for your boyfriend. He's lucky to have someone who cares so much for him. Hope the year just gets better and better =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for a few months now. I am so sorry that you are dealing with a loved one with cancer. I think it is great that you have resolutions that are for you....it will make you a better caregiver and support for your boyfriend. Your list has inspired me to make my own. Happy 2012 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness.. sorry about BFs "c". My hubby is a cancer survivor, colon cancer. I will think good thoughts for you both. I'm sure you're going to have a good year of crochet and knitting!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great resolutions!!!
    Love the idea of selfish knitting/crochet, along with Teresa I will also think positive thoughts for your bf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam,
    I think you've read in some of my posts I've had breast cancer (twice, now) so I am a survivor of the big "C". Yes, it's a big scare and it doesn't get any easier if we get it more than once. It changes the way we see the world and our life. And it is terribly important to have someone we care by our side. But it is also very important not to lose hope and to keep fighting, always fighting to be positive and get better! We CAN win!
    Have a lot of fun with your projects, especially learning to knit, it's so much fun!--and the best of luck with your Etsy shop :)
    And... think positive :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to make the vest! The yarn is just calling me every time I look at it!

    ReplyDelete