Monday, January 16, 2012

Me Me Me! A Blanket for ME!

In my post, Not Necessarily Resolutions, I said that for 2012, I would do selfish crochet and knitting.  Then right after I showed you a WIP baby blanket that was not for me.  Now that is finished (I think I'm going to make you wait until Friday), I can finally start a blanket for me!

I showed you the start of my Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino stash way back in October, here

This was my first order:


Then, I got a few more, slowly:


And I realized I had an issue with two colors:


They are so similar that I've made the decision that I'm going to treat them as the same color.  Since I am going for random stripes I can make sure that these two are far apart.  

So far, these four are my favorite:



I got a few more colors in my Christmas Swap:


This past weekend, I finally took some pictures of all of the colors I have.  The sun was playing tricks on me.  My skylight was going from semi-cloudy:


to fully cloudy, in a matter of seconds:


Here's the yarn you've been waiting for:


The two dark colors that are hard to see are Forest Green and Navy Blue.  I was trying everything for those colors to show how they really are.  I finally figured it out.  I upped the exposure on my phone (I'm finding out my new phone is pretty nifty) and the colors showed more how I thought I was seeing them.


Can you see them a little better?  I think I can at least tell one is green and the other is blue.


Even though they are dark, I think I am keeping both of them in.  I can't wait to start this blanket.  Every stitch I will think, "This is for me!"

I must admit I have started a blanket for myself before.  It was the other blanket in the post I showed you above.  I haven't forgotten about it, but I'm in love with this yarn right now, so this one is my priority.

Filled with excitement,
Sam :-D

6 comments:

  1. Your blanket is going to be lovely! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! I'm ready to start another afghan soon. I can't wait to see yours =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is pretty yarn and I bet it's soft! Good for you!! I look forward to seeing it emerge into what it will be.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I need to come over and check out the yarn soon. It's going to be a ripple right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I started it last night. I only got 2 1/2 rows done before I had to declare it bedtime.

      Delete
  5. I decided to do mostly selfish yarn stuff a while ago. It takes so long to create a yarny item compared to a sewn item.

    Baby cashmerino is so special isn't it? Just fantastic to know that every squooshy soft stitch is going to cherish for ever more by someone who'll totally appreciate it - you.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete