Monday, January 23, 2012

What did my weekend consist of?

Not much...

Chemo hit my bf pretty hard, so he was sick all weekend.  I tried to clean up a bit around the apartment.

My dad bet me that we couldn't get our air mattress back into the box.

I sent him a picture message asking if almost counts:


I stopped over my parents house to pick up some homemade soup.


My dad made a TON of soup.  This pot was a lot fuller before he distributed it out in containers for the family.  I love his beef soup.

I tried to take a couple pictures of my dog, Georgie, while I was there, but he wasn't having any of it.  This was the best I could do.





I organized a lot of my yarn this weekend.  I took pictures and uploaded the info onto Ravelry.

This is the yarn that Heather got me for Christmas for our knitting class next month.


Isn't it pretty?!  Did you see the brand?!  She really spoiled me.  Thanks again Heather!

I didn't realize how much King Cole Riot I have.







Ever since I made my Riot Ripple Scarf with it, I've loved it.

I have this yarn set aside for this pattern.



It is a really pretty navy with some purple tones in it.

I realized that I have a ton of cotton yarn.  I have some Lily Sugar n Cream.  Here's a sampling:






I have some Lion Brand cotton:




and I also have a TON of Knit Picks Dishie cotton yarn.  Here's a small sample:






I used this yarn in Christmas colors to make ornaments this year.

I've rambled for a while now and that was my weekend in a nut shell.  I managed to get about 14 rows of my ripple done and a couple more inches of my first knitting project.  I'll show you progress pictures on Wednesday.

Sam :-/

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lot of yarn!!! Should be fun deciding what to make with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about BF feeling bad.. ::hugs:: -- all that yarn should keep you pretty busy! I'm doing Teddy Bears right now.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, have been following for a bit. I also have a Mini Schnauzer and LOVE her...shes my baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lily and cream green....is it emerald by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Emerald. I still have it unused. Do you need it?

      Delete