Monday, January 30, 2012

My Weekend Flew By!

Again my Monday posts seem to be "What I did over the weekend" posts.  My dad asked if Dave and I wanted tickets to the Pitt basketball game Saturday.  Of course we said yes.  I'm a Pitt alum!  Our seats were awesome!


Pitt was playing Georgetown and I have to admit I was nervous.  Georgetown was ranked #10 and I have no idea what Pitt was ranked since they haven't been playing well.  Look at the score close to half time!


I must say I think the student section has gotten a lot bigger since I was in school.  Its HUGE!


Everyone was in their Oakland Zoo shirts and it wrapped three quarters of the way around the court.  They are pretty funny, constantly jumping and a cheer for everything.  They lead cheers far more than the cheerleaders, which makes me laugh.


We had a great time and we won!

Sunday, we were celebrating my cousin Emily's 6th birthday.  Well Saturday night, I had the bright idea that I was going to make her a crochet animal.  It took me a lot longer than I had anticipated.  I worked on it from 9:30pm til 1:30am, then from 9:30am to 1:30pm.  I was actually late for the party.

This is what I made:


I took all these pictures in my car when I got to my Grandma's house.  This is how she was sitting next to me in the car.



I am so proud of the cat's face.  I was so worried it would look horrible because honestly in my opinion the face can make it or break it.  I like how it seems like its smiling.


Here's Emily with her cat.  She decided to name her Rose.


She was playing with her a lot.  I loved it.  It made the late night worth it.  When it was time to eat cake, Emily put Rose with her big sister who fell asleep on the couch.  It was so cute.




I'm very happy with the cat.  If I have any criticism it would be how I placed the arms and legs, the legs more than the arms, but Emily won't notice or mind.

Details:
Pattern: Amineko Crocheted Cat
Yarn: Vanna's Choice in Wildberry, Eggplant, and Silver Heather
Hook: 5.00mm H

This was the first crocheted toy I have made.  I don't know if it is because I made it in two marathon sessions, but my hands and fingers hurt afterwards.  I really didn't crochet Sunday evening because of that.  Have you had that happen?

How was your weekend?

Sam :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your game sure looked exciting! I love your cat! I think the reason your hands hurt is that when doing the crocheted animals we want them tight so we hold the hook tighter. But she obviously loves it!! Good job!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete