Friday, January 27, 2012

FO Friday - My First Knitting Project

My knitted dishcloth is done!!  It may look a little sloppy, but I'm proud of it.


The border is a little tighter than the middle, but I think I just need some more practice.

Here it is again on one of my tie-dyed blankets. (I didn't actually tie-dye it, I used to buy the tie-dyed cloths at concerts in high school and college.  I guess they were meant to be wall hangings or something, but I turned them into tied blankets.)



What do you think?  The cast on is a little loose and the bind off is a little tight, but I think that'll come with practice, right?

Don't forget to check out everyone's finished objects over at Tami's Amis.

ETA:  I forgot the details!

Details:
Pattern: Raised Diamonds
Yarn: Lily Sugar n Cream in color Leaf, I probably used half a ball
Needles: Size 4.5 mm US 7
Size- about 9" square (approx 23 cm square)

Sam :-)

15 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and you should be proud of it!!! Congrats on just diving into knitting. Another reason for to purchase yarn. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dishcloth looks great... and you're right, consistent gauge does come with practice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great. It's pretty common for bind offs to end up a bit tight. You may want to use a larger needle at the bind off to loosen it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love useful, every-day projects like this. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. And even tension is definitely a matter of practice but edges really are just one of the more wonky parts of knitting in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great. A washcloth is a perfect project to practice on and I like that stitch pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty little dishcloth, love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The border is pulled in because of the row gauge difference between garter and your stitch pattern. You will always have that difference until the piece is blocked. Of course, who would bother to block a dishcloth. LOL. Love the stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job on your first knitting project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dish cloth is perfect in my eyes. You should be proud to start out with a complicated pattern. You obviously are a natural. :-)
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dishcloth looks great! I love washing dishes with beautiful hand knit or crochet dishcloths. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty pattern. I love handmade dishcloths...like socks, I don't use store bought. You'll get lots of use from that pretty cloth and feel a sense of pride every time you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think it's sloppy! Dish cloths are great first knitting projects and quickly become addictive to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it!!! I SO need to start on some crocheted dishcloths! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete